Hello! This is me.
I’m Emily, a female Documentary-stlye Wedding and Portrait Photographer, I live in Durham, in the beautiful North East of England, but I'm quite happy to travel anywhere to photograph your wedding.
- I’m slightly obsessed with shoes, rock n’ roll and cosy pyjamas, but not all at the same time.
- I’m an image maker, mum, vintage camera enthusiast and occasional open-water swimmer. I love my converse trainers, going to see live music, any genre of music really, but I do love a bit of Maximo Park, Kasabian and London Grammar.
- Most days you’ll find me running about in my trainers with my kids, hair scraped back, looking un-glam. I love cooking weird and wonderful recipes from old cook books, which mostly taste like dog-turd, but every now and then I make something that actually tastes ok! Evenings are for cosy PJ's, a glass of wine and sitting on the sofa with my husband to watch old tv series like Spaced or Flight of the Conchords. Well, either that or going to see live music with friends. There's no middle-ground with me; I'm either out-out, or in-in!
- When I’m not busy snapping away taking photos, or running around after kids, you can catch me signing up for some stupid physical challenge, usually involving me pulling on a wetsuit and jumping into a lake! I more than freak out of I see any fish or weeds underwater and I'm seriously afraid of pikes. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY I DO IT.
- My family are the most important thing to me, and you can usually find us outdoors, either getting lost and muddy in a forest somewhere or playing on a beach in Northumberland.
Did I mention that...
- I am a professionally trained award winning photojournalist with over 12 years experience in Editorial Press photography, having worked for regional and national newspapers and magazines since 2002. Oh, some of the stories I have to tell of the things I've seen! From getting punched in the face outside court, to having my shoes vomited on, to photographing Kasabian before they were famous (and Sam Fender - watch out for him in 2019!), to tripping up Ricky from the Kaiser Chiefs while he was performing (one of my proudest moments), to shooting the Queen (not literally) and the odd Prime Minister. I also took a selfie on Engelbert Humperdinks loo once. I'll tell you all about it over a drink sometime...
- Would I go back to Press photography? NO! Photographing weddings and portraits are WAY more fun!! I really, really enjoy getting involved in all the emotions of your wedding day, and I'll come away from each wedding with cheek-ache from grinning all day behind my camera! (or wiping away a small tear during speeches)! I really do get invested in each day I document, and as each wedding day is unique, like you, you will receive a very personal set of images and memories from your special day. You can follow me on instagram if you would like to see some examples of what I get up to.
- I met my husband at school, and I haven't killed him...yet
- I have three sisters, I think my dad really wanted a boy...
- I love camping, my husband doesn't, so sometimes trick him into coming Glamping with me
- New York is my favourite city (I’ve visited so far…)
I love to work in a natural documentary style, I'm not into making you do awkward poses! I really love to capture real emotions and real moments, real connections between you and your family and friends. Just being yourselves is the winning formula!!
I'm really relaxed and I love to quietly blend in, capturing all the love, laughter, tears and joy of your day! That being said, I do love to form friendships with my couples, and getting to know you in really important to me! If you want to know more about what I can offer, you may want to start with looking at my Portfolio, my Style or even reading some of the fantastic testimonials or Raves I have received. If you still want to know more please check out my blog. I'm always up for meeting up for a coffee or even a glass of wine, if you would like to chat some more don't hesitate to Contact Me.
Fun, colourful, un-posed Documentary Wedding, Engagement, Lifestyle and Portraiture photographer based in Durham, covering County Durham, North Yorkshire, Newcastle and Northumberland, and travelling all over the UK.